Thursday, March 26, 2009

Paul Comes To Town

So my brother got out of the clink last Friday. He'd be in for a number of years, and is now a free man.

He's lost some 40 or 50 pounds since I last new him. He shaved his head and beard as well, so he looks like a completely different person. When I picked him up at the bus station last night the only reason I knew who he was is because I saw someone who looked exactly like my dad! He seems happier and healthier than I have ever known him. He's counting his calories, exercising, and looking for a job. It's great to see. I wasn't sure what prison would do to him but it seems that he used the experience to progress down the path of being a useful human. The thing all of us struggle with and usually make little to no headway on.

He'll be staying with Lori and I for a few days, probably heading out Monday or so. It'll be nice to give him a safe haven for a little stretch, let him relax and clear his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment