Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Heading To Dallas

Going up to Dallas, starting Thursday after I get out of work. (several of the folks in this pic will be present)

I'm pretty excited. It'll be nice to see the boys again. With any luck I will be employed in Dallas shortly. I should be hearing from SKC this week about the job. If they say yes, it will be a life changing moment. I will get to move to Dallas, stay with one of my boys, save up some money, get a car, and start my life over again.

Staying here in Austin is a pretty bleak option. I'll continue to work my current job, in my new apartment, just barely scraping by. To save up enough to get into a car I would have to save every available penny for a year. Even then, I would only have enough to be a junker which may or may not last more than a year or so. I don't make enough to make a car payment, so it'd be a junk car, for cash.

If that's the way it has to be, then so be it. That certainly isn't my prefered option. We'll have to see.

But for now, I'm very excited to make the drive to Dallas. It will be worth every moment of the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment